The Importance of Commercial Roof Inspection Services
If you have a physical building for your business, that business almost certainly has a roof. And if you want that roof to remain in good condition for as long as possible, it’s critical to get regular roof inspections. But how exactly do commercial roof inspection services work? Better yet, why are they so important? Keep reading to find out!
Understanding the Basics of Commercial Roof Inspection Services
Commercial roof inspection services are designed to closely examine and scrutinize the condition of your roof. During this process, your commercial roof inspectors will evaluate things like:
- Storm damage. Fierce thunderstorms, high winds, and other inclement weather conditions can cause mild to severe damage to your roof. In the aftermath of a big storm, it’s usually a good idea to inspect your roof visually to see if anything has been damaged.
- Weathering and aging. Over time, almost every roofing material is going to suffer from weathering and aging. Naturally, these materials degrade, making it your responsibility to acknowledge areas of disrepair and fix them before it’s too late.
- Maintenance neglect. Commercial roofs need periodic maintenance. If you neglect this maintenance, their condition can significantly worsen. Committing to regular commercial roof inspections ensures your maintenance schedule is followed closely.
- Inadvertent damage. Sometimes, people can cause inadvertent damage to roofs, such as by using roofs irresponsibly or conducting improper repairs.
If a roof inspector finds a problem, they’ll identify it and may be able to correct it on the spot. If they can’t correct it immediately, they’ll acknowledge the issue with you, provide you with an estimate, and give you all the other details you need to make a decision on how to move forward.
Roof inspectors give you valuable insights about how your roof is performing, how much life is left, and how you can better protect your building.
Your Complete Roofing Inspection Checklist
Commercial roof inspectors often check for:
- Debris. If there are any pieces of debris on the roof, this is the chance to clear them before they cause any damage.
- Ponding water. Ponding water is a bad sign, and it presents a potential leak risk.
- Cracks/tears. Roof inspectors check for any cracks, tears, or other indications of damage throughout the entire roof.
- Edge details. Inspectors also check flashing and edge details for any small issues that may need to be addressed.
- Gutter and downspout issues. If you have gutters and downspouts, your commercial roofing inspectors will evaluate their condition and functionality.
Why Should I Hire a Commercial Roof Inspection Company?
These are some of the most important reasons why you should hire a commercial roof inspection company to conduct regular inspections of your commercial roof:
- Save money. Commercial roofing inspections do cost, but they can actually save you money in the long run. This is your chance to identify issues before they become worse, allowing you to fix small issues inexpensively before they spiral out of control. Oftentimes, you can correct small issues for less than $100, ultimately prolonging the lifespan of your roof and delaying the need for a roof replacement that costs thousands of dollars.
- Improve safety. Maintaining a secure roof for your commercial establishment is important for improving the safety of your employees, customers, and other interested parties. If your roof is in bad condition, a single storm or damaging incident could cause a cave-in or total collapse, putting people inside the building in jeopardy. If you have people walking on the roof regularly, keeping your roof safe is even more important.
- Reduce accumulated damage. No matter how strong or well-maintained your commercial roof is, it’s going to suffer from wear and tear over time. Conducting regular roof inspections allows you to get a handle on this type of damage and mitigate it. This is an opportunity to learn about the biggest threats to your roof and either prevent them or minimize their impact.
- Forecast potential repairs and upgrades. Your commercial roof inspector will work with you to forecast potential repairs and upgrades so you’re fully ready for them. For example, they might estimate that you only have a few years left on your roof, giving you time to plan and budget for a full replacement.
- Extend the lifespan of your roof. Undergoing routine commercial roof inspections and addressing action items as necessary is an easy way to extend the lifespan of your roof. Instead of lasting 15 years, your roof might last 25 years – or even longer.
- Get peace of mind. Many business owners pursue regular commercial roof inspections to secure greater peace of mind. By the end of this experience, you’ll have comfort in the knowledge that your roof is in solid condition.
How Often Do I Need a Commercial Roof Inspection?
Wondering how you need to inspect your commercial roof? It depends on a few variables. Most businesses can get away with inspecting their roof once a year, though some businesses may need to conduct these types of inspections more frequently. Some roofing materials are engineered to be highly durable and resilient; if you had one of these types of roofs installed, you may require inspections less frequently.
Conversely, if your business exists in an area with severe weather conditions, if your roofing materials are less than ideal, or if your roof is considerably aged, you’re going to require roofing inspections more frequently.
Also, if you notice any indications of a potential problem with your existing commercial roof, it’s important to schedule an inspection as soon as possible. For example, if you notice some wear and tear from the ground or if you see signs of an internal leak, it’s important to get those issues addressed quickly. Doing so can save you money and time in the long run.
Valuable Insights are Just a Click Away—Schedule Your Roof Inspection Today!
Are you in the market for regular commercial roof inspections? Or are you concerned that your roof is in need of repair or replacement? At Energy Efficient Roofing and Construction, we have experts who can help. Contact us today to schedule your next commercial roofing inspection!
Share This Post
Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction is a full-service roofing and general contractor that serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with top-quality labor and materials.