If you’re building something new for your business, you’ll need contractors to handle the roof installation. Expert contractors can help you select the right materials, improve your energy efficiency, and find a solution that works in your budget that still offers all of the durability and integrity you need.
Key Factors to Look for in a Commercial Roofing Contractor
Commercial roofing contractors can handle a wide range of jobs, from installing the perfect roof for your needs to helping with insurance claims related to roof damage. But with so many different commercial roofing contractors to choose from, and potentially expensive projects that can eat away at your budget, it’s important to find a partner you can truly trust.
So, what are the most important factors to look for when choosing a commercial roofing contractor? Keep reading to find out!
Understanding the Importance of Commercial Roofing Contractors
Commercial roofing contractors can help you with a wide range of different projects and solutions to immediate problems.
Are you concerned about what the most recent thunderstorm did to your roof? Or have you noticed a leak inside of your business? Commercial roofing contractors can conduct roof inspections, identifying and addressing any issues that might interfere with your roof’s ability to perform.
Commercial Roofing Contractors: What to Look For
Commercial roof contractors come in many shapes and sizes, from gigantic operations that focus exclusively on one type of roof or one type of business to smaller, more localized places that can do a bit of everything.
So, what should you look for in your commercial roofing contractor?
- Licensing. First, make sure the roofing contractor has adequate licensing. Licensing works a little differently in every state, but in most areas, businesses are required to have a license before they can do any roofing work. Even if roofing licensing requirements are somewhat lax in your state, it’s important to make sure your contractor has all the formal certifications necessary to qualify them for this work.
- Insurance. It’s also important to make sure this roofing contractor has adequate insurance coverage. This way, if something goes wrong on the jobsite, both you and the contractor will have an extra layer of protection.
- Location. Some people prefer to work with roofing contractors in their local area, prioritizing local businesses over others. Most roofing contractors only service specific areas, meaning you may be limited in the roof contractors you work with.
- Areas of expertise. In some cases, it makes sense to work with a roofing contractor who has a specific area of expertise. For example, commercial flat roofing contractors may have more knowledge and experience they can bring to your flat roof. However, most roofing companies have knowledge and experience in a wide range of different roofing materials and styles; they should be able to competently handle most types of roofing projects. Even if there are certain areas with which they’re unfamiliar, they usually have connections to people with expertise in those areas.
- Experience. Experience is a good thing. While it’s possible for new businesses and young, inexperienced workers to handle commercial roofing jobs adequately, businesses with decades of experience and older, experienced roofing contractors are more likely to do a thorough job. Always check to see how long this company has been in business, and ask about the experience levels of the people leading each project. If you’re torn between two companies that seem equivalent in every other respect, the more experienced company is probably the wiser choice.
- Reviews, ratings, and testimonials. Of course, you should also look at reviews, ratings, and testimonials. Has this roofing contractor been referred to you by someone you know personally? Do they typically give good recommendations? What do people have to say about this company online? Does this company generally get positive reviews and glowing commentary from their clients? Pay attention to anything particularly negative or positive that stands out across multiple different comments; if several people are saying the same thing, it’s probably true.
- Warranties/guarantees. Ideally, your commercial roofing contractor will offer some sort of warranty or guarantee on their work. This way, if something goes wrong in the immediate future, the roof contractor can come back and patch things up. Most commercial roof contractors that offer warranties do so confidently, taking pride in their work and understanding that they’ll rarely need to follow up.
- Contracts. Pay attention to the fine print on any contracts you consider signing. There may be terms and conditions that affect the scope of the project – including line items you may not agree with. Generally, simpler and more straightforward contracts are superior.
- Pricing. Obviously, you’ll need to think about pricing. If you have two commercial roofing contractors competing for your business, and both of them have similar levels of experience and a similar reputation, it makes sense to choose the least expensive option.
- Communication. You’ll likely be communicating with your commercial roof contractor throughout the project, from initial planning to the ongoing effort of installation. Accordingly, it makes sense to hire a roofing contractor with strong communication skills. Are they responsive to all your inquiries? Do they answer your questions transparently? Can they articulate themselves clearly?
- Free quotes and estimates. Finally, check to see whether this commercial roofing company offers free quotes or estimates. Most commercial roofing experts do, and for good reason—you don’t want to commit to a project until you know what it’s going to cost you.
Looking for Commercial Roofing Contractors in Dallas, TX?
Are you looking for a reliable, experienced commercial roofing contractor in the Dallas area? You’re in the right place. At Energy Efficient Roofing and Construction, we have a team of experts capable of handling any commercial roofing project. If you’re ready to get your free quote, contact us today!
Share This Post
Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction is a full-service roofing and general contractor that serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with top-quality labor and materials.