Why Your Property Needs Commercial Roof Preventative Maintenance
Regular commercial roof preventative maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure your system lasts longer and performs to expectations.
This article will discuss the importance of commercial roof preventative maintenance, identify how often you need assistance from a professional, highlight warning signs that you may need service from a contractor, and provide a comprehensive checklist for building managers and property owners to ensure they’re taking the right measures.
With proper care, commercial roofs can last for decades with minimal repairs and replacements, so let’s get started.
The Importance of Commercial Roof Preventative Maintenance
Commercial property owners should prioritize their roofs and make sure they stay on top of routine inspections and preventative maintenance services throughout the roof’s lifetime. With regular checkups performed by experienced contractors like your friends at EERC, property owners can enjoy peace of mind knowing that their buildings are being well taken care of without worrying about expensive repairs down the line.
How Often Should You Schedule Preventative Maintenance in DFW?
Without regular inspections and maintenance, roofs can quickly become damaged due to wear and tear from extreme weather conditions. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, it’s recommended that you get your roof inspected at least twice a year. But there are several other benefits to regularly maintaining your commercial roof, including increased energy efficiency, improved safety standards, and extended lifespan. We’ll jump into those a little later on.
Warning Signs That You Need To Schedule Commercial Roof Preventative Maintenance
If you’ve noticed any of the following warning signs, it may be time to call an expert and schedule a commercial roof maintenance service, like the experts at EERC in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
1. Cracked, blistered, or curled shingles: These features indicate that your roof is reaching the end of its life span and should be addressed as soon as possible.
2. Missing shingles: Missing asphalt shingles on your flat roof can easily lead to water damage if not addressed quickly.
3. Leaks and moisture in the attic: If you are seeing signs of leaks and moisture in the attic, this could signal serious underlying issues with your roof’s integrity that must be addressed immediately. Contractors like Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction provide quality commercial membrane roof maintenance.
4. Excessive heat buildup: Inadequate insulation or ventilation problems within the roof system itself can cause excessive heat buildup inside the attic during summer months, which should be investigated by a professional immediately.
5. Unusual noises from above: Strange sounds such as creaking, popping, or other noises coming from your roof may indicate structural damage that needs repair and should be investigated by a qualified roofer right away.
Interested in commercial roof preventative maintenance for your business or property? Check out the services we offer at Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction today.
The Complete Commercial Roof Maintenance Checklist for Your Business
As a property owner or building manager, it’s important to be aware of your roof’s condition and ensure that proper maintenance is performed regularly. A commercial roof maintenance plan maintenance plan can help you identify potential problems before they become costly repairs and can help extend the life of your roofing system. Read on for the complete commercial roof maintenance checklist:
- Conduct regular inspections: Schedule regular inspections at least twice a year and after major weather events, such as storms or high winds, to identify any issues early.
- Inspect rooftop equipment: Regularly inspect any rooftop equipment, such as HVAC units or solar panels, and ensure they are properly secured and maintained. Experts at EERC can spot any equipment that needs addressing quickly.
- Clean gutters and drains: Keeping everything clean and maintained on your surface is a high priority. Contractors can clear out gutters and drains to ensure proper water flow and prevent damage during maintenance.
- Apply protective coatings: Roofing contractors can apply protective coatings, such as UV-resistant or reflective coatings, to extend the roof’s lifespan and reduce energy costs.
- Hire a professional: Partner with a contractor like EERC for inspections and maintenance to make sure roofing work is done correctly and safely.
- Document maintenance and repairs: Keep a record of all maintenance and repairs, including dates, costs, and warranty information while working with a contractor.
Benefits of Commercial Roof Preventative Maintenance
Commercial buildings rely heavily on their roofing systems to provide protection from the elements and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for occupants. However, a roof can become damaged or worn over time, leading to leaks, water damage, and other costly repairs. That’s where preventative maintenance comes in. Let’s run through the benefits of routine care and maintenance.
Investing in regular preventative maintenance for your commercial roof prevents costly repairs. Without proper care, minor problems can quickly become bigger ones. An experienced contractor can inspect and repair minor issues regularly, resulting in cost savings on major repairs or replacements in the long run.
Increased Service Lifespan
Another great benefit of preventative maintenance is to help extend your roof’s life. Regularly inspecting and repairing your roof will keep it structurally sound over time, meaning you won’t have to replace it as soon. This helps ensure that your investment is well protected for years.
Are you looking to reduce your energy bills to invest in other areas of your company’s operations? A healthy roof structure helps reduce air infiltration through weakened seals or tearing in the membrane, preventing energy loss from lost air conditioning and heating levels. This means lower energy costs for your property in the long run.
Enhanced Property Value
Whether you own a retail store, an apartment complex, or an office building, enhancing the value of your property is always a top priority. Turn your attention to quality preventive maintenance services. By ensuring the roof is up-to-date on all necessary inspections and repairs, potential buyers will be more likely to take an interest in your building when it comes time for sale.
Your Source for Industry-Leading Commercial Roof Preventative Maintenance at EERC
Investing in preventative maintenance for your commercial roof system is essential to protect your property investment for years and ensure long-term performance. At Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction, we provide comprehensive commercial roof maintenance services to identify any existing or potential issues before they become costly repairs down the road.
If you think it might be time to call an expert for preventative maintenance on your property’s roof, contact us today so our experienced professionals can help assess your situation and give you peace of mind.
Share This Post
Energy Efficient Roofing & Construction is a full-service roofing and general contractor that serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with top-quality labor and materials.